[CS-FSLUG] Sending CD's in the mail

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Mon Aug 2 11:44:01 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 12:21, N. Thompson wrote:
> I'm probably going to have to send a CD in the mail to a friend of mine who's
> helping me with my sourceforce project Dilm
> (http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/dilm/), because she has a dialup
> connection and cannot download the file because her ISP makes her reconnect
> every 4 hours.
>
> I was hoping I could get some tips on how to send CD's in the mail, when I
> received the SUSE CD's in the mail for example  a description of what was in
> the package was marked on the bottom of the box.
>
> I would appreciate any pointers on this one since its my first time sending
> CD's in the mail.

Probably not much to worry about. Isn't a bad idea to support it with
something a bit rigid, but CDs seem to get through to me even when they
are in thin cardboard or even between paper. Not much of a trick to it.

Noting that it is digital media on the box might save it from something.
I like to find old AOL CD cases and ship in them for protection.

JSR/