[CS-FSLUG] Processor

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Fri Apr 30 09:15:04 CDT 2004

I agree with Nathan. You could also confirm this with perhaps another
monitor. That error message on your screen sounds like your monitor is
getting a flaky signal.

One way to diagnose this is to listen for things booting up. When you
turn it on, do you hear the hard drive whine up and things clicking? If
the processor is bad, you won't get that far as it's needed for the
motherboard to operate at all.

You might also try taking it down to a barebones system. I've actually
have motherboard that worked outside the case, but not inside. Probably
due to a crack in them.

JSR/