[CS-FSLUG] QOTW: TV Classics

Timothy R. Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Mon Apr 26 22:58:29 CDT 2004

QOTW Returns! I'm going to try to keep it going this time too. :-)

TV Classics
If you think back to TV shows of at least 25-30 years ago, is there one
particular show you can pick out as your favorite? Would you prefer it
to what's on today? What was on five years ago? Ten years ago? Twenty
years ago?

For me, I'd say that I would -- without a doubt -- pick I Love Lucy.
That might sound like an easy out, but it really is a classic to the
extent that you can see the same episode multiple times and it is still
funny. Really funny. And not the least bit vulgar. If today's sitcoms
truly followed the Lucy comedic style, they'd actually be worth
watching.

While there is some stuff (like Star Trek: TNG and DS9) that might have
provided a little competition during the 90's (for my vote that is), I
basically can't think of any (fictional genre) show I'd say I'd prefer
to watch over Lucy. Usually, a few times a week, I'll grab an episode
off TV Land and watch it that evening (one of the few times I actually
watch TV). If there could only be one show on from now on, I can't think
of a better choice for it.

What do you think?
Timothy R. Butler       Universal Networks      www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal:      | Have you not learned great lessons |
|      www.faithtree.com | from those  who  braced themselves |
| GNU/Linux News:        | against  you   and   disputed  the |
|            www.ofb.biz | passage with you?   --Walt Whitman |