[CS-FSLUG] Nathan

David McGlone dave at edificationweb.com
Sun Apr 25 17:03:02 CDT 2004

On Sunday 25 April 2004 03:48 pm, N. Thompson wrote:

> >If I might make such a bold suggestion: whaddya say about taking off
> >that blog post for now? Try the peacemaking steps Jesus gave us: go
> >contact the people privately that you feel have hurt you. I bet they
> >will apologize and say they never meant to imply what you feel they are
> >implying. If not, talk to this list as a whole and see if we can't
> >resolve things. If none of that resolves the situation for you, then go
> >ahead and paste that entry back online -- I just doubt that will be
> >necessary.
> >
> >	Just keep in mind we all love ya, bro.
> >
> >	Blessings to you...
> >
> >	-Tim
>
> Sure, I can take the blog post down, I didn't realize how it would be
> interpreted until I read David's post.

The purpose of me asking if I could put it on my blog instead of nate taking
it down is because most members that nathan has refered to, hasn't had a
chance to read it so they could respond appropriatly and try to explain to
nathan their exact words.

Or it would be just as good to post the blog entry on the list so it can be
discussed.

Another reason it would be good is because people can refer back to the
mailing archives in an effort to explain to Nathan what they really mean in
contrast to what Nathan had posted in an attempt to help him feel better and
let him know that we were not trying to be mean, but trying to get him to
realize things.

I offered to try and help you with your Mandrake, IIRC Tim did too. And this
was when version 9.2 had just came out.

From there, I don't remember everything in order, but somehow you ended up
running gentoo? or some other distro that you said you bought and didn't want
to abandon until you felt you got your money's worth.

But I kept trying to persuade you to go back to Mandrake and I would give you
all the help I could in an effort to get your system running smoothly.

You also ignored that offer for help.

You then was offered SuSE disks from IIRC Ed Hurst? or somebody, and they
burnt you a copy of SuSE and even paid for the shipping to send you those
CD's in an effort to try and help you out. While you were trying out SuSE,
you IIRC stated that you didn't like Mandrake anymore, and SuSE was working
good  for you at the moment, except for a few minor things you didn't
perticularily like.

Somehow along the way I think you ended up back with mandrake, until here
recently you decided to give Fedora Core 1 a shot after I had installed it
and praised it in some areas.

and while you were running fedora, you praised how you liked the mix between
automated configuration and hard configuration, but all along since I can
remember, you were not happy with mandrake, because you claimed you didn't
like their configuration tools and was tired of having to do configuration by
hand and wanted more or better configuration tools.

Somewhere along the line you chose to give Slackware a try. After a matter of
an hour or so you wrote to the list praising some things about slack.

It wasn't within a day or so, you then started praising mandrake again, after
you had made mandrake sound like it was the worst distro you'd ever seen, and
hinted to the list you were going to go back to either Mandrake or SuSE IIRC.

Then someone on the list made an attempt to get you to hold off going back to
SuSE or Mandrake because they had some things that might help you out with
Slack. (another attempt to help you) Which I don't know at the moment whether
you have held off or not but your journal entry was completly the opposite.

My question is, How could you say those things? I have done nothing but try to
be a brother to you and of as much help as I could in an effort to help you
get an almost "ideal" install of linux, but I can't help you, nor can anyone
else help you if you install a different distro every other day.

It's not getting you nowhere at all and that is something the list has been
trying to tell you for a very long time, and yes there has been times some
harsh words have been used because you were contradicting youself too much,
but Nathan, sometimes it takes a harsh word to get somebody to realize
something, but in *NO* way has anyone on this list tried to hurt you, so
*PLEASE* understand that.

David M.