[CS-FSLUG] SLAX 4.1.1

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Tue Apr 20 07:25:12 CDT 2004

The usual old-school way to apply updates to your slackware distro was
to watch the slackware changelog for updates or subscribe to the
slackware-announce mailing list.

Now there are several apt-get like frontends. I use swaret
(http://www.swaret.org) almost all the time. Simply excellent.

Blessings,
Eduardo

On Tuesday 20 April 2004 01:20, N. Thompson wrote:
> I just finished trying SLAX and it was real nice, running off the CD
it
> was still faster the FC1, I thought about installing it to my hard
drive
> but the site recommended against that so I might try installing
> slackware again.
>
> Before installing slackware I have an important question, how do I
> update it and if that requires packages where do I find those
packages?

> Thanks :-)
>
> N. Thompson wrote:
>
> > My curiosity into whether there is an ideal customizable
distribution
> > out there has brought me to Slackware, but not wanting to install it
> > withoug giving it a try I've decided to download SLAX which was just
> > recently released. I'm hoping to find SLAX nice and if it isn't then
> > all I have to do is wipe the CD-RW I burn it on.
> >
> > On another note I've just learned a new term from the people in
> > #fedora at irc.freenode.net, the word was "installaholic" which
> > reminded me of that list I was keeping of all the distribution I've
> > tried. Maybe when I'm done with SLAX I should post that list :-) .

Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
Asuncion, Paraguay, South America
 Iram indeed is gone with all its Rose,
 And Jamshyd's Sev'n-ring'd Cup where no one knows;
   But still the Vine her ancient Ruby yields,
 And still a Garden by the Water blows.

	-- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam