[CS-FSLUG] Fedora core 1

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 01:19:08 CDT 2004

Ah yes,

> The only problem I'm having now is getting sound to
> work, aside from that
> everything else is fine, perhaps one of the other
> Fedora Core users would
> have some idea of when Fedora Core 2 will be
> released and what mediums of
> updating will be available. I'd also appreciate any
> tips on how to get my
> sound working without using the driver supplied on
> my mainboard CD, those
> default to having the sound turned all the way down
> and I don't think FC has alsamixer (KMix won't
> realize the volume is off usually) unless I can get
> it through apt.

First off, get synaptic and update everything.

Secondly, add the following lines to /etc/rc.local
aumix -w 100 -v 100 -CD 100
touch /dev/dsp

Then activate the
rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ ...blah... development
repository and update everything you can, including to
the 2.6 kernel. Make sure to get the kernel source. We
can go over recompiling it for optimization later.

Then go to NOT INSTALLED and install "xorg" as a
replacement for XFree86.

Anything else? I'm here.