[CS-FSLUG] X.org or XFree86?

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 17 10:15:28 CDT 2004

Hi group,

Just curious, has anyone tried the new X.org release, X11R6.7?
Slackware has a testing package available for it but I haven't installed
it yet.  I hear the new release fixes several bugs and brings to life
dead aspects of the XFree release (Xft is one example).  I think I'm
going to try it out just to see what happens.  If you have used it post
what you think, I'm interested to see how this fork pans out.

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7