[CS-FSLUG] Wacky thought - Linux consulting

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Apr 6 08:44:50 CDT 2004

K Montgomery scripted ::

>Dear All,
>
>I've had a germ of thought recently to break into a new business (new
>to me, that is): helping churches and perhaps small businesses to
>integrate Linux into their organizations.
>
>Naturally, I thought this would be the perfect group to ask.  Does
>anyone know how one goes about breaking into that?  (I think some
>people here have done it, if only informally.)  Any books I should
>read, web sites I should look at, people I can talk to?

Me thinks you shouldn't sell it as Linux consulting, but rather a
business service solution or some sort of "marketing" term that
doesn't sound quite as tech and more appeals towards the business
heads. Afterall, they won't be asking for your help if they are a
techy.

That aside, If you can setup competitively priced and good service I
would imagine that you could do very well. YMMV :-)

JSR/