[CS-FSLUG] Cobnid Desktop

Brian Derr bderr at myrealbox.com
Thu Apr 1 22:16:19 CST 2004

On Sat, Mar 27, 2004 at 02:34:24PM -0800, Chris Brault wrote:
> http://cobind.com/desktop.html
>
> This is Fedora + XFCE4 + Nautilus.
>
> This is what I would reccommend to experienced Linux
> users looking for a stable distro that can be updated
> with Apt/Synaptic like Fedora, yet is lightweight and
> fast, since it doesn't even have KDE or Gnome.

It has to have some of the Gnome libs though because Nautilus is a Gnome
app.  More than likely gnome-vfs, gnome-libs and some others that don't
come to mind.  Even though I don't run Gnome I have several of the
various libs installed to run Abiword and Gnumeric.

Brian

--
The just man walketh in his integrity:
his children are blessed after him.  -- Proverbs 20:7