[CS-FSLUG] March 2004 Distribution List

N.Thompson n.thomp at sasktel.net
Thu Apr 1 19:25:43 CST 2004

The list is also included as a formatted HTML file as an attachment, the HTML
version does look much nicer.
--

March 2004 Distribution List

By: Nathan Thompson <ntws01 at yahoo dot com>

Monthly Highlight:

 Linux from scratch
 From: Distrowatch

Linux From Scratch (LFS) is a project that provides you with the steps
necessary to build your own custom Linux system. There are a lot of reasons
why somebody would want to install an LFS system. The question most people
raise is "why go through all the hassle of manually installing a Linux system
from scratch when you can just download an existing distribution like Debian
or Redhat". That is a valid question which I hope to answer for you. The most
important reason for LFS's existence is teaching people how a Linux system
works internally. Building an LFS system teaches you about all that makes
Linux tick, how things work together, and depend on each other. And most
importantly, how to customize it to your own taste and needs.

Distribution List:

March 1, UHU Linux 1.1
March 1, Puppy Linux 0.8.3
March 1, Gentoo Linux 2004.0
March 1, Arch Linux 0.6
March 2, Kanotix 03-2004
March 3, Adamantix 1.0.3
March 3, ADIOS Linux 3.01
March 3, ASP Linux 9.2
March 4, Bayanihan Linux 3
March 4, INSERT 1.2.4
March 4, Mandrake Linux 10.0 Community (download) edition
March 5, Fedora Core 1 for AMD64
March 5, Onebase LInux 2004-r1
March 5, OnebaseGo 1.0
March 6, LAS Linux 0.5
March 6, Rock Linux 2.0.0
March 7, Source Mage GNU/Linux 0.9.2
March 8, Trustix Secure Linux 2.1
March 9, Lunar LInux 1.4.0
March 10, OnebaseGo 1.1
March 10, Mandrake Linux 10.0 Community edition (public release)
March 11, Blag 9002
March 12, Quantian 0.4.9.5
March 12, Rubyx 42
March 14, Feather Linux 0.3.8
March 15, Aurox Live 1.4.1
March 15, Devil-Linux 1.0.5
March 15, Buffalo Linux 1.1.5
March 16, Xandros V.2 Business Desktop
March 16, LBA-Linux R1 Beta
March 17, Linux Caixa Magica 8.1 Desktop
March 17, ClarkConnect Firewall/VPN 2.2 Beta
March 17, SME Server 6.0.1
March 18, eLearnix (wheel mouse)
March 18, Hancom Linux 4.0 Beta 1
March 18, SUSE Linux 9.1
March 18, Vector Linux 4.0 Live CD
March 19, Dyne:bolic 1.2
March 19, QiLinux 1.0
March 19, INSERT 1.2.5
March 19, KANOTIX 04-2004
March 20, Mandrake Linux 10.0 Beta for AMD64
March 20, CentOS 3.1
March 21, Linux Netwosix 1.1
March 23, Puppy Linux 0.8.4
March 23, INSERT 1.2.6
March 23, Damn Small Linux 0.6.2
March 23, Gnoppix 0.6.0 RC2
March 24, Conectiva Linux 10 Beta 2
March 24, SystemRescueCd 0.2.12
March 24, AUSTRUMI 0.8.3
March 25, ALT Linux 2.3 Compact
March 26, Cobind Desktop 0.1
March 26, Quantian 0.4.9.6
March 27, Feather Linux 0.3.9
March 29, Aurox Live 1.4.2
March 29, Fedora Core 1.91
March 29, Buffalo Linux 1.1.6
March 30, Vector Linux SOHO 4.0 RC1
March 30, Securepoint 4.0
March 30, MoviX 0.8.2
March 31, SLAX 4.0.4
March 31, LinuxDefender 1.5.6

Notes:

All information used in my monthly distribution is taken from Distrowatch
unless otherwise noted.