[Foss-cafe] Novell's new desktop

Janus Sandsgaard lister at janus.dk
Thu Mar 25 13:14:03 CST 2004

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 15:16, dep wrote:

> it would be supremely cool to be able to switch around among email apps
> the way one can among word processors or html editors, without each one
> corrupting the entire proceedings for every other one.

Huh? This surprises me. I have always used Pine (with mbox) for my personal
mail, but during the last months I have testet Kmail for the my mailig lists.
because I am considering moving completely to Kmail.

I thought Kmail uses a standard format (Maildir og mbox) making it possible to
migrate to a new mail client such as evolution. This is not the case? What is
the difference between standard Maildir and Kmail-Maildir?

-j

--
Roskilde University, Denmark.
Department of Technology and Social Science.