[Foss-cafe] big storm in the cybersphere?

dep dep at linuxandmain.com
Thu Mar 25 13:04:09 CST 2004

greets, folks!

anybody know if this is a previously announced zombie trigger day?
reason i ask is that my internet service went down this morning amid
the kind of overload i haven't seen since code red. and i'm hearing
here and there of dns problems.

just wondering if this is fairly local or if we're getting ever closer
to the big one. because one of these days, thanks to our friends in
redmond, the internet is going to go down.

(which does make what's generally perceived to be the *big* hammer, a
virus or worm that nukes people's hard drives, or at least the hard
drives of people running windows, seem like a public service by
comparison. i mean, i can practically guarantee you that virtually all
of the traffic i'm seeing on this branch of the system is zombie ddos
stuff from windows boxen.)
--
dep

the mind earns by doing. the heart earns by trying.