[Foss-cafe] job sites don't work anymore ?

Tink tink at svn.net
Mon Apr 5 15:18:19 CDT 2004

At 12:31 -0300 4/5/04, Pupeno wrote about Re: [Foss-cafe] job sites
don't work anymore ?:

|> applications are for real. There is a LOT of unemployment in the
|> world. I say world because a lot of techies submit applications
|> internationally. The figures you mention are very common. 4000 - 5000
|> applicants for a positions is average.
|
|One of my key principles of life is not ling, that's why I don't lie in my
|resume and I don't lie in my cover letters. Having a company do that for me
|would be like ling and I don't want that. And I belive those companies have a
|lot of responsability for the current problems in job seeking.

Employing someone to write a letter or help you to think of all your
positive assets, skills and work or study experience has nothing to
do with lying.
These people made a study out of what kind of employee a company
wants or need for a certain position. They will look with you at your
skills to see if you would fit the bill. Applying for positions is
hard work and it's all about presenting yourself, being better than
the rest. You have to stick out from 4000 other people. People who
specialized in this can help you present your resume and cover letter
in a way HR departments will notice you.

One thing they will not do is lie for you or encourage you to do so.
They can also help you realize your dream job, They can tell you if
the job you dream of doing is realistic compared to your skills or
not and what you need to do to get there. You can even take courses
in job hunting, and workshops to improve your self esteem or how you
present yourself. I guess you think this is cheating or lying as
well? Look at monster.com they have loads of tips and articles on how
to improve your resume. Don't tell me that's lying also.

|> |Back to my posible job, the laws are stupid, I'm an Argentinian citizen,
|> | this job is in Spain, they (the spanish consul) will take two months to
|> | give me the job visa after they aproved... they may take any time they
|> | want to aprove it... let's be nice and add two weeks, I have to gather a
|> | lot of papers to present a job visa request, including my criminal
|> | records of all the places where I lived for the past 5 years... I think
|> | they take a month to give it to you (I once got it have my ham liscence),
|> | they also ask for a medical evaluation, let's be nice and supouse we can
|> | do it in that month wasted waiting for the criminal records.
|>
|> Sorry but I disagree with you, the laws are not stupid they're there
|> to protect the citizens of that country. You could easily be a
|> terrorist or drugs smuggler who is trying to enter the country on a
|> bogus job application visa.
|Ok, they laws are not stupid, what is stupid is the concept of country, I
|totally disagree with it, I consider it a very stupid concept that can only
|live in the minds of very imaginative beings (you have to be very imaginative
|to think and believe such a stupid concepts).

I think you're very personal and rude and I'm already sorry I've
replied to your questions.

--
Tink