[CS-FSLUG] OT: Pope Francis' comments about homosexuality

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Jul 29 19:44:06 CDT 2013

Defend the Family <http://www.defendthefamily.com>

DefendTheFamily.com Alert

Dear Friends,

I've just posted a Huffington Post story on Pope Francis' comments about
homosexuality on our website.

I've been afraid something like this would happen with the new pope.

Previous popes have shown mercy to homosexuals by acknowledging that
mere temptation to sin is not itself sin, and therefore they advocated
tolerance for celibates who struggle with same-sex attraction. But
Francis seems to have crossed a critical theological boundary and
affirmed homosexuality as a legitimate basis for defining one's
identity. God does not want us to identify ourselves by our sin, but to
be "transformed by the renewing of our minds."

Sexual orientation theory is an invention of the modern homosexual
movement to advance the false and anti-Biblical belief that
homosexuality is innate and unchangeable. But worse than that, it
provides the essential conceptual undergirding to "Gay Theology," the
emerging heresy of our day.

While Pope Francis' comments may appear to some to be consistent with
those of his immediate predecessors, to the extent that they affirm
sexual orientation theory, they represent a subtle but very significant
change for the worse.

Indeed, I interpret these comments as the next major milestone
(following upon Alan Chambers decision to shut down Exodus International
and apologize for saying "gays could change) in the collapse of the
church resistance to "Gay Theology" and the concurrent rise of apostasy
(per my Warning to the Church in America --
.www.scottlively.net/2013/06/23/a-warning-to-the-church-in-america
<http://www.scottlively.net/2013/06/23/a-warning-to-the-church-in-america>/
)

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up
your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Like 21:28.

Keep Looking Up!

Dr. Scott Lively

--
Trusting Obama With Border Security Is Like Trusting
Bill Clinton With Your Daughter!