[CS-FSLUG] An odd Linux occurrence

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Sat Feb 2 08:02:28 CST 2013

Sorry for being unclear.  I patched the system after I rebooted and
suddenly had my 1.2TB back available.  The disk-space disappearing
happened before it rebooted.

The HD was being hammered fairly hard, but I still had a few
processes running a purge of stuff.  (Crashplan has a "delete old
backups" thing you can do, and I told all the backups lurking there
to do that).  The space had vanished before I did that, so it is hard
to tell what is up.

I was mainly wondering if anyone else had experienced the same or
similar behavior.  Since my system is chuckling at me  behind it's
back and working perfectly fine, I am OK to go for a bit.  It is just
a little puzzling...

     - Tim