[CS-FSLUG] Puzzles in the Life of Christ

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Mon Oct 15 13:08:57 CDT 2012

I am not really sure where the deity stopped and the humanity started.

In relating to His foreknowledge...
One of the stories I really like about Jesus was the woman at the
well.  In His initial sentence to her, He lays out His entire
strategy: "/If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you
for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you
living water/"

Then, as she starts back-pedaling, and trying to change the topic, He
proceeds to give her each piece of information.  First He states what
is the gift of God, followed by who it was that was asking for a
drink.  And her response is exactly as He predicted.

In that particular case, I think He was exhibiting some foreknowledge
or at least Divine direction.

Sometimes when the various authors state, "knowing their hearts, He
responded...", those could simply be a response to wisdom; observing
the people and knowing why they were asking what they were asking.
But, at the same time, there was certainly a heavy dose of Deity that
infused Him.  I have no doubt that He felt human emotions, dealt with
human limitations (eating, needing to sleep, etc), and I know He had
a human brain.  But, somewhere in that, He was also fully God.

Anyway.  All that to say... Umm.  Sure.

     - Tim