[CS-FSLUG] [Linux4christians] Response to a Libre Software Skeptic

Jon Glass jonglass at usa.net
Sat Jan 14 11:15:14 CST 2012

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM, Marco Tedaldi <marco.tedaldi at gmail.com> wrote:
> But that changes nothing that the whole IP-stuff (copyright and patent)
> is fundamentally wrong.
> Paying for goods and services is ok. But ideas have to be free. You
> can't "own" an idea (if it is a song or an invention). So there can't be
> property rights on ideas anyway.

Sorry if I sound confused, but can I ask a question to help clarify
something. It seems to me, that in principle, (not taking the current
laws into account) you do not see anything wrong with plagiarism? I.e.
it would be perfectly fine to portray someone else's work as you own?
Since there can be no ownership on ideas, then the formulation of
those ideas either graphically or with words are also intellectual
property, which, in theory do not exist? so plagiarism is ok?

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland

"...earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the
saints." --Jude 3