[CS-FSLUG] OT: A Bible Based Truth

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri Jan 6 21:35:14 CST 2012

*Genesis****47:13-27*

***RECENT  VIRGINIA****CHURCH****SERVICE-STIMULUS****SERMON****Genesis
47:13-27***

*
**Good morning,  brothers and sisters;  it's always a delight to  see
the pews  crowded on Sunday morning and so eager to get  into God's
Word.  Turn with me in your Bibles, if you will, to the  47^th chapter
of  Genesis, we'll begin our reading at verse 13 and  go through verse
27.****Brother Ray,  would you stand and read that great passage for
us?  ....(reading)....****Thank you for  that fine reading, Brother
Ray... So we see  that economic hard  times fell upon Egypt and the
people turned  to the government  of Pharaoh to deal with this for them.
And  Pharaoh nationalized  the grain harvest and placed the grain in
great  storehouses that he had  built. So the people brought their money
to  Pharaoh, like a great tax  increase, and gave it all to him
willingly in  return for grain. And this went on  until their money ran
out and they were hungry  again.****So when they  went to Pharaoh after
that, they brought  their livestock  -their cattle, their horses, their
sheep, and their  donkey - to barter for  grain and verse 17 says that
only took them  through the end of  that year..****But the famine
wasn't over was it? So the next year the  people came before  Pharaoh
and admitted they had nothing left  except their land and  their own
lives. "There is nothing left in the  sight of my lord but  our bodies
and our land. Why should we die  before your eyes,  both we and our
land? Buy us and our land for  food and we with  our land will be
servants to Pharaoh.." So  they surrendered  their homes, their land,
and their real estate  to Pharaoh's  government and then sold themselves
into  slavery to him, in  return for grain.****What can we  learn from
this, brothers and  sisters?****That turning  to the government instead
of to God to be our  provider in hard times  only leads to slavery? Yes.
That the only  reason government  wants to be our provider is to also
become our  master? Yes.****But look how  that passage ends, brothers
and sisters! Thus  Israel settled in the  land of Egypt, in the land of
Goshen.. And they  gained possessions in  it and were fruitful and
multiplied greatly."  God provided for  His people, just as He always
has! They didn't end  up giving all  their possessions to government,
no, it says they  gained possessions!  But I also tell you a great truth
today and an  ominous one. ****We see the  same thing happening today -
the government  today wants to  "share the wealth" once again, to take
it from us  and redistribute it back to us.  It wants to take control of
healthcare, just as it  has taken control of  education, and ration it
back to us, and when  government rations it,  then government decides
who gets it, and how much,  and what kind. And  if we go along with it,
and do it willingly, then  we will wind up no  differently than the
people of Egypt did four  thousand years ago - as  slaves to the
government and as slaves to our  leaders.****What Mr.  Obama's
government is doing now is no different  from what Pharaoh's  government
did then and it will end the same. And a  lot of people like to  call
Mr. Obama a "Messiah," don't they? Is he a  Messiah?  A savior?  Didn't
the Egyptians say, after Pharaoh made them  his slaves, "You have  saved
our lives; may it please my lord, we will be  servants to
Pharaoh"?****Well, I tell  you this - I know the  Messiah; the Messiah
is a friend of  mine; and Mr. Obama  is no Messiah!  No, brothers and
sisters, if Mr. Obama  is a character from the Bible, then he is
Pharaoh.  Bow with me in  prayer, if you will...******Lord, You  alone
are worthy to be served, and we rely on You,  and You alone. We confess
that the government is  not our deliverer and never rightly will be. We
read  in the eighth chapter of 1 Samuel, when Samuel  warned the people
of what a  ruler would do, where it says "And in that day you  will cry
out because of  your king, whom you have chosen for yourselves,  but the
LORD will  not answer you in that day." ****And Lord, we  acknowledge
that day has  come. We cry out to you because of the ruler that  we have
chosen for  ourselves as a nation. Lord, we pray for this  nation. We
pray for revival  and we pray for deliverance from those who would be
our masters. Give us hearts to seek You and hands  to serve You and
protect Your  people from the  atrocities of Pharaoh's  government.***

*****In God We
**You may want  to consider sharing this with  others.***

--
Liberal ideology and political correctness, infused with
public policy, begets social insanity. - Michael Savage