[CS-FSLUG] Bug in openSuSE 11.4 & 12.1 and maybe some other distros.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Mon Jan 2 22:34:35 CST 2012

If you are using KDE on openSuSE (maybe another distro. like KUbuntu)
and have a problem with the screen blanking after about 10 mins. of
non-use, then you have been bitten by a bug that no one knows the cause
of, or isn't admitting to what it is......yet. There is a temp. fix, for
now, or at least it does work for me.

 From command line, su to root, then run the command: xset s noblank -dpms

You MAY have to run it more than once to have it work but it works for
me. Note: I've turned OFF ALL power management and yet I still had this
problem, so you can try that, and you probably should anyway, but you'll
still likely end up running this command.

Fred

--
Liberal ideology and political correctness, infused with
public policy, begets social insanity. - Michael Savage