[CS-FSLUG] OT: You Can Be A Christian Or A Liberal, But Not Both

sjm sjm.mlists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 00:17:41 CDT 2012

On 08/06/2012 06:23 PM, Timothy Butler wrote:
> I vote conservatively, but I think the same headline could say "You
> can be a Christian or a Conservative." Both major parties have so
> many flaws that I think we as Christians should hesitate to include
> one of them in our "identity."

I scanned the article and wondered something similar.  I wonder what the
Chinese Christians would say.  I also wonder if the author would have
said that you can be a Christian or a Roman, but not both and what
Paul's response would have been.

To paraphrase a Larry Norman lyric, we are not of this world, we're only
visiting this planet.  We are *ambassadors* of our king to this world.

sjm