[CS-FSLUG] More on the NAR

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Oct 19 18:20:01 CDT 2011

On 10/19/2011 05:48 PM, Mark Clayton wrote:
> I find all this both intellectually interesting and personally sad. I
> had a bunch of friends that are being influenced by some people that
> teach very similar things to what I read the NAR and others teach (but
> no one will actually admit it). It's been a huge burden on me for a
> couple of years. My friends won't talk to me anymore because "I don't
> get the truth". Also there are two couples that were in my bible
> studies that have kids sucked into this movement. It's so hard to talk
> sense because they're response is that "I'd see it is true if I only
> had more of the spirit." I just want to tell them that it is from a
> spirit, just not the one they think it is. Anyhow, I pray for these
> people often and feel that's the best I can do right now.

I have arrived at the conclusion that the indoctrination is VERY cult
like, but because the whole "experience" is designed and intended to be
very emotional, most don't see that they are being sucked into something
much less than Scriptural.

Fred

--
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it
tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown