[CS-FSLUG] OT: Goes along with 1 of our discussions.

dcolburn at bibleseven.com dcolburn at bibleseven.com
Wed Oct 19 05:29:44 CDT 2011

I'd like to separate the "socialization" into sub-categories as I don't
think it is helpful to blend them.  I will "invent" some of the category
labels for the purpose of discussion.

WDYT?

Discipleship Socialization:  Where Christian children gather with
faith-peers
     for iron-sharpening-iron and safe fellowship.  (AWANA is a mixed
format.)

Academic Socialization:  Model-UN, spelling bees, peer-tutoring, other
tutoring,
     dual-enrollment HS/college courses (even if online), etc.

Extra-Curricular Socialization:  4-H, Boy Scouts, hobbies, sports, arts,
etc.  Some
     may be intentionally-Christian, some may not.  Generally lots of
opportunity
     for parents and mature-teens to engage in outreach.  (It is my
reading of the
     Word that children are not called to evangelical/missions as they
are generally
     not prepared to do so.  There are exceptions but most are as likely
to absorb
     worldly and confusing-religious notions than to spread truth.)

Evangelical/missions Socialization:  Short-term missions (domestic and
foreign),
     soup kitchen, thrift storm, disaster response, after-school
tutoring (e.g. Boy's
     and Girl's Clubs), AWANA, etc.

--

Draw nearer to the Lord and He will bless you,
Have an http://Ultrafidian.com Day!