[CS-FSLUG] OT: Goes along with 1 of our discussions.

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Wed Oct 19 10:34:18 CDT 2011

Before we started home schooling (with six children) We spent a good deal
of time visiting the school the children were attending.  We found that we
were unwelcome there. And when we pointed out some of the very wrong
policies and teaching that were goin on we bec ame even more unwelcome.

When we moved from Montana to Arizona with and began missionary work in
Mexico, we withdrew the children from Public School. At that time we were
able to order a curriculum from American School because we We intended to
be in Mexico, but it was not legal to home School in Arizona.

Economicaly we could not stay in Mexico, so we returned to Arizona, and
home Schooled in Arizona in spite of the draconian rules. After a year of
so American School informed us that they could not sell us their
curriculum since we sere in Arizona, and we had to sort of piece something
together. But the kids were learning well, and not at all socialy
deprived.

They remained in Home School, and/or private christian school from then
on. One interesting Statistic: out of six children (four of which started
out in Public school) We noticed a pattern (not surprising).  The longer a
children spends in Public School the *more*  difficulty adjusting to the
real world.  This applies to social adjustment, m oral adjustment,
economic adjustment, etc. etc.  (virtually every area of life.   This is
not to say that my children had or have no difficulties, or were/are
"model children".

All of my three girls have families. Tragically (Probably due to
economics) only one is homeschooling her children (doing a great job).
(None of my boys have children, but they all have demonstrated by their
lives a level of responsibility and honor that I think reflects well on
them, though they went through some difficult times in their youth.

There are two "main reasons", I think , why Christians don't home School:

First: "Economics" and rather deficient value system that is too much
influenced by worldy views. If Christian parents understood the depth of
the rebellion and degradation that their children are exposed to in public
Schools, no expense would be too great to get them out of that influence.
Public Schools go to great lengths to hide what they are doing, even
advising children to report to them details of their home life, but not to
report to their parents what is going on at School.

Second: is their own feeling of "inadequacy" to teach their own children.
In fact even the least educated among caring parents is better equipped to
teach than "professional" teachers who have imbibed the lies that are
taught in the "teacher factories" these public school teachers came from.
You are not inadequate, and to the extent that you are, if you have
children, it is your proper place to ask the Father to help you learn as
you Go and you will find that you are able.