[CS-FSLUG] [PD]{OT] It seems that Obama may be the "great Uniter" after all.

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Tue Oct 18 05:35:50 CDT 2011

First, I applied the appropriate tags to the subject line.

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 00:17:17 -0500, <davidm at hisfeet.net> wrote:

> THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS !!!!!

Those proposals might do some good. They won't happen. You mentioned in
another thread, David, that you have balk at the idea there can't be any
prophets any more. I was hesitant to state I consider myself called to be
a prophet. I was also hesitant to declare I consider it a word from God
that we are in our our national swan song. Indeed, we are watching the end
of Western Civilization itself. I believe we have provoked God too long
and too deeply, and there is no turning back.

Not that it's wrong to do the right thing, and try to correct our
mistakes. But this would be futile. Are you familiar with the term
"psychopath"? Not all psychopaths appear crazy. A great many of them are
able to feign the compassion and empathy they are unable to feel. This
allows them to carry out their evil wishes without getting in trouble.
These people are drawn to positions of power. A significant portion of the
US government is psychopaths. Not so much the elected and appointed
officials, but the people who drive their choices -- which is hardly the
voters, anymore.

Changing them is not going to happen by political efforts at this point.
It can be done by no one less than God Almighty Himself. Recently I wrote
this prophetic warning:

    http://my.opera.com/soulkiln/blog/2011/10/17/submit-to-the-rod-of-god

Please, folks, don't stop talking about things which might fix our
national problems. But more than anything, please don't stop talking about
repentance and our incalculable debt of sin, far bigger than our national
dollar debt. This is a time for sackcloth and ashes. Naturally, if my
message does not move you, then it's not for you. But forget my name,
please, and consider whether the message reflects the move of the Spirit.

--
Ed Hurst
--------