[CS-FSLUG] OT: DOJ: Feds Can Tell Church Who Its Ministers Will Be

Craig Button craigb.rn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 06:55:20 CDT 2011

I think this one is a reach, the fact that the call the employee a minister
doesn't mean much in this case.  It's still the same under the law.  This is
as much about the travesty that the ADA has turned into, which is what this
case is.  The only reason it's gone so far is that it involved a church.
 These things happen every day in this country, just usually settled at a
much lower level.

Once we as an organization decided we need to be exempt from taxes and stuff
like that, we lifted the tent flap and let not only the camels nose under,
but it's whole head.  Once you put ppl on a payrol, and start paying
employment, workmanship comp and all that, you become a employer and not aa
church.

Sent from my iPad