[CS-FSLUG] OT: PC(USA) okay with 'gay' clergy

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Sat May 14 17:57:59 CDT 2011

In Nogales years ago I taught an adult SS class in a Baptist "Ch". A
Pentecostal lady invited me to a house meeting of Saved Roman Catholic
people.  They asked me to come on Thursday nights and teach them from the
Bible, so I was teaching two adult classes every week. I wasn't (and am
not) a registered member in either cult, Nor do I agree with much of their
doctrine, but They both accepted me as a teacher of the word, which
expectation I desire to fulfill. And in both groups there were (and are)
sincere men and women who know the Lord and want to know and follow the
word. In both there is confusion on some important points of doctrine, but
one very important doctrine of scripture is that you are not saved by
right doctrine, but rather by grace through faith in the Savior.

One day I mentioned the Thursday night home meeting to one of the ladies
in the Sunday morning meeting, and she was really quite horrified that I
would fellowship with "catholics".  She quoted 2Cor.6:17 to me in a
questioning sort of way.  I replied that if I were to apply that verse in
the way that she wanted me to apply it, I wouldn't have fellowhip with the
Baptist people either.

Although some of the various cults and denominations teach more (or less)
of the basic truths of the Bible than others I don't see a huge
difference. They are all organised along human, anti-biblical lines. They
are all partakers of the clerical/laity system that Jesus hates, and
intent upon building their own system rather than the Church that jesus
refers to in Mathew 16:18.

I want no part of their system, but I want all I can get of the fellowship
of those among them who truly trust in Christ.  I need their ministry, and
they need mine, and yours.

Dave