[CS-FSLUG] OT: PC(USA) okay with 'gay' clergy

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Fri May 13 23:59:07 CDT 2011

On 05/13/2011 12:13 PM, Marco Tedaldi wrote:

[snip]

> Yeah... from a pure human standpoint I can understand that. But ask the
> question:"what would jesus do?"

Fair question and one which none of us can answer with assurance. One
could easily assume He might do what he did in the temple. Don't ever
assume, and many of us have made that mistake, that our Lord wouldn't
let those in a house of worship "get it with both barrels" if needed. And,
we have a LOT of churches that really need that!

It's a tough question to be sure. There's also the position that remaining
in a church that bends on a dictate(s) from the denomination that is/are
contrary to Scripture puts us in a position of being in agreement. I KNOW
our Lord doesn't want us to bend, conform, nor approve of sin no matter
who commits it or where it might be.

Fred

--
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it
tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown