[CS-FSLUG] OT: PC(USA) okay with 'gay' clergy

Marco Tedaldi marco.tedaldi at gmail.com
Fri May 13 11:13:08 CDT 2011

On 13.05.2011 05:42, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On 05/12/2011 11:03 PM, Timothy Butler wrote:
>> Agreed. I'm not convinced this is a clear cut reason to leave. If the PC(USA) insists their ministers must perform gay weddings, perhaps. If they insisted members deny the Trinity, I would agree. But, is the right thing to do always to leave and let an institution fall apart? I don't think so. Maybe or maybe not, as Ed said.
>>
>> I know many people that we'd probably all agree appear to be "solidly committed" to "Truth above all else" who stayed at my old church while I and about a dozen others underwent mental abuse, slander, extortion, etc. Some of the people who left have counseling bills in the thousands of dollars trying to recover from what is happening there and those "committed" to "Truth above all else" are still sitting in their pews ranting about the gay agenda and such of "lesser" churches.
>>
>> So, I think your "mights" are well founded.
>
> True. However, it's my experience, limited as that might be, that once
> correction has been attempted.....multiple times and rejected, it's
> clear that getting back to Biblical dictates isn't going to happen. For
> me, the course then is most clear.

Yeah... from a pure human standpoint I can understand that. But ask the
question:"what would jesus do?"

God has sent quite some prophets to get the people back in line. Did he
stop when after so many attempts the people still refused to live in
gods ways?
No, he did not stop! He gave his own son for people that had refused to
fallow his lead! For people who had killed his people! Who had dismissed
him!

I think we must learn gods ways! We must be different! Is "hate" and
hatred aginst people the way of god? Is this, what god wants us to do?

Does god want us to celebrate other peoples death?
Does god want us to hate people?

I think, the bible says differently in quite clear words!

Be different! don't do the same mistakes as the others!

best regards

Marco