[CS-FSLUG] OT: PC(USA) okay with 'gay' clergy

Yamandu Ploskonka yamaplos at bolinux.org
Thu May 12 20:10:30 CDT 2011

Then there is the come'in.and'take over, which can be a most interesting
exercise as long as it's us the good guys who do it.

I read somewhere that such was the way that someone got the Quakers to
take up anti-slavery.  He would walk into their meetings, where
everybody is allowed to speak (or so the story said), and then he would
present Scripture to them and how evil slavery was, until he convinced
enough of their Meetings that it snowballed.

IMHO something like that would be almost impossible in "normal"
institutional churches, and not only because many probably couldn't be
persuaded to change their ways through Scripture :-(