[CS-FSLUG] OT: PC(USA) okay with 'gay' clergy

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Thu May 12 12:19:56 CDT 2011

On Thu, 12 May 2011 11:46:12 -0500, sjm <sjm.mlists at gmail.com> wrote:

>> And about leaving, or staying... if all the people, that think the
>> organization is moving in the wrong direction, just leave, the others
>> will take over the organization and nothing will change back to the
>> good! So staying and fighting might be more appropriate?
>
> Reminds me of a friend of mine who chose to stay in the Roman Catholic
> Church to try to be an influence for God there.  He strongly felt that
> that was what God wanted him to do.

Quite so. I've done both the stand-n-fight and cut-n-run at various times
and places. I must admit some regrets with both choices, but only when I
didn't follow my own best spiritual instincts. Trying to let someone else
choose for me, for whatever reason, has always been the wrong choice.

--
Ed Hurst
--------