[CS-FSLUG] OT: PC(USA) okay with 'gay' clergy

sjm sjm.mlists at gmail.com
Thu May 12 17:40:38 CDT 2011

On 05/12/2011 03:05 PM, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On 05/12/2011 03:42 AM, davidm at hisfeet.net wrote:
>> One would hope so, but the history (and current condition) of apostate
>> "churches" demonstrates that few will leave. The familiar is too
>> comfortable. Remeber the old story about "cooking a live frog".
>
> Yes, I know. But those who are committed will leave.

Depends on "committed"... to what?

Committed in the asylum?  (Sorry, just had to. <g>)

Committed to the gay agenda?   They might actually start coming more.
Committed to the PC-USA?  They'll probably stay.
Committed to Truth above all else?  They might leave.
Committed to Grace and Mercy?  They might stay.

Committed to God, his glory and mission?  Depends on whether God prompts
them to stay and  be lights for him in the midst or whether he calls
them elsewhere.

sjm