[CS-FSLUG] set awarning when finished?

davidm at hisfeet.net davidm at hisfeet.net
Fri Jun 17 13:52:02 CDT 2011

Before Windows existed (in DOS) I used to be able to tell the computer to
ring a bell several times when it got done with a job.

I there some way to set windows so that when it finishes some lengthy job
unsupervised it will give me an audible advisory that the job is finished?

I'm thinking of (for instance) a long download, or converting several
different formats of short movies and making an iso out of it for a DVD.

These are jobs that take long enough.  I'd like to go get a cup of
coffee,or take a bath, or eat, etc.  But it would be nice if the computer
would inform me when it has done it's job.

A few programs have it built in (eg. K3B) but many don't.

any suggestions?