[CS-FSLUG] Winbooks: Wifi vs Ethernet

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Fri Jun 10 13:19:57 CDT 2011

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011, Tim Young wrote:

> I have Windows 7 on my laptop and have never experienced this.  I can have my
> ethernet connection, or wireless, or both hooked up, and it all works.
> Turning them off or disconnecting them has not confused it.
>
> Vista, on the other hand, did get confused semi-regularly.  I found that if I
> disabled the internet connection and re-enabled it, it usually solved the
> problem with Vista.  (the equivalent of ifup/ifdown)

Hmm. One of those freaky Windows "sometimes" things. Okay, so I'll just
keep dragging my faithful laptop along because I'll never know when it
will pop up again. Frankly, none of my clients ever have need to switch
back and forth, so far, so it's not a matter of fixing some problem
they'll face.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

Ed Hurst
--------
Open for Business - http://ofb.biz/
Kiln of the Soul - http://soulkiln.org/