[CS-FSLUG] [OT] Word of the Day: Dhimmitude

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Mon May 31 11:32:04 CDT 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010 21:14:32 -0400
"Fred A. Miller" <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:

> On 05/30/2010 01:18 PM, Ed Hurst wrote:
> > Added OT tag.
> >
> > On Sun, 30 May 2010 11:56:57 -0500, Fred A. Miller
> > <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Muslims are specifically exempted from the government mandate
> >> to purchase insurance, and also from the penalty tax for
> >> being uninsured.
>

> I don't know, Ed, what the success or lack of it there will be.
> There's enough in the bill it's self that is violation of the
> Constitution that it SHOULD be declared "dead" on it's own. IF that
> doesn't happen, then our only hope is to elect a conservative enough
> Congress this Nov. to pass legislation killing it and then over-ride
> "O"s veto.
>
> Fred

I'll jump in here, since I spent many hours researching the U.S. tax
code, and how it ties into foreign commerce and is thus constitutional
due to it's limited scope. Of course the very idea that maybe they're
running a huge extortion racket scares the daylights out of most people;
and we've been conditioned to be very fearful of the IRS which is what
led me to the Bible and then to the arena of spiritual warfare.

I haven't read this bill, but I read some of one of the proposals and
it was full of terms like 'defined benefit plan' and 'employer' and
'employee'. Those are specific statutory terms that may or may not
include the average American. I can guarantee you that I won't be one
to 'volunteer' myself into this scheme.

In addition, I completely agree with the idea that insurance is not
unlike gambling and I think a good case could be made that it's an
un-Christian concept too. However, one has to pick their battles in
life, so I do have auto and renters insurance.

I responded to someone's article who basically said our only hope is
similar to what Fred said above. And my reply is that in fact, our best
and first hope is to 'just say no' and some education wouldn't hurt
either. (Like, what is a 'defined benefit plan' and who does it apply
to? Why am I being told it applies to me? etc.) Oh yeah, and a lot of
prayer.

Cia