[CS-FSLUG] 'Extremely severe' flaw in Opera web browser

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Wed May 5 10:00:55 CDT 2010

On Tue, 04 May 2010 21:23:47 -0500
"Ed Hurst" <ehurst at soulkiln.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 04 May 2010 21:12:23 -0500, Fred A. Miller
> <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
>
> > 'Extremely severe' flaw in Opera web browser
>
> I read the article in my Opera browser ;-) Doesn't apply to Linux,
> apparently.
>
> BTW, I'm having fun with the RHEL 6.0-Beta release.

I'm having more fun with the Fedora 13 beta, but I'm also trying out
the RHEL 6 beta -- one thing I don't like is there's no hibernate
option on my desktop. I'll probably have to send a message to the
rhelv6 beta list about that, if I don't otherwise figure it out.

My hard drive gave out last week, so I replaced it last week with a
nice shiny new & fast Seagate 500gig drive and didn't replace CentOS 5.
I may just wait until CentOS 6 comes out and go that route, I have a
couple Fedora 12 or 13 rpm's installed on the RHEL 6beta. (Sword and
Xiphos in particular).

I didn't want to install too many Fedora packages, and I didn't want to
take the time to figure out the whole 'build from source' option -- so
on that install I'm using Thunderbird for mail instead of Claws. It's
an interesting change...