[CS-FSLUG] Chrome to "Integrate" Flash

sjm sjm.mlists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 12:26:03 CDT 2010

> I think that Fred is just quoting the article, not expressing his point of
> view. However, I agree with you, Frank. This is NOT good news. Flash is the
> scourge of the Web and this is definitely a step backward, in my opinion.

IF you look at the "popularity" (downloads) of the Firefox add-ons you
have (out of 461 plugins):

1. Personas Plus - "skins" for Firefox
2. Ad-Block Plus - block ads from sites
3. Video Downloader - download youtube like videos.
4. NoScript - Keeps scripting, including Flash, from running by default.
38. FlashBlock - Blocks Flash content until explicitly asked for.

It's interesting that the 4th and 38th (and maybe the 2nd) most popular
Firefox add-ons block Flash content from websites.

sjm