[CS-FSLUG] Issue trackers

Josiah Ritchie josiah.ritchie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 20:03:28 CST 2010

I know several Open Source solutions.

I've used Request Tracker. It is feature heavy and very customizable,
especially if you like perl.
I use Drupal w/ the Storm module for my contracting work. It includes
project management.
Bugzilla is the old favorite, and is also feature full.
Trac is another option that some open source places appreciate.

I've recently seen Atlassian's JIRA and it seems to be pretty powerful. It
does some really neat things that might be interesting. I don't think they
have an open source version.

JSR/

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Robert Wohlfarth <rbwohlfarth at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm researching issue tracking software for work. There's a lot out there
> such as BugTraq, Redmine, or FogBugz. I am just at the very beginning, and
> would greatly value friendly counsel. With all of the smart, technical
> people on this list, I was hoping there might be a few recommendations for
> taking a closer look.
>
> We'll be using the system for tracking data problems (bad formatting,
> missing information) and file processing. Clients send files, and we load
> them into a database. When something goes wrong, it often takes weeks to
> resolve. Remembering everything that has happened is difficult. Issue
> tracking software would let us quickly see what open issues we have, what
> has happened, and who is handling it.
>
> --
> Robert Wohlfarth

Our Mission
Technology and Hospitality for God's Workmen
http://missions.ritchietribe.net