[CS-FSLUG] Buried Coax Cable ID - Bingo

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Thu Aug 19 20:27:45 CDT 2010

The cable curves around toward the established garden bed and dives deep
enough to be below shovel level. It appears to point to an ancient
junction box sticking out of the ground. The labels are nearly bleached
out, but I can just barely read it says "CATV Underground TV Cable". It's
not Cox, because I've seen their cables, and the only other provider is
Dish Network, which cables from the roof into the house directly.

I'm thinking this was something like the old Multimedia Cablevision thing,
but that company is defunct, displaced by Cox. When OKIE came out to mark
cable runs in the area, they never went near that box, and I don't recall
the flags running on that path in our yard, so I think this is dead line
in the ground.

--
Ed Hurst