[CS-FSLUG] General Advice SSDs and Linux

Ed Hurst ehurst at soulkiln.org
Thu Apr 1 15:03:00 CDT 2010

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, Karl Kleinpaste wrote:

> Well, OK.  Then your placement upon the market-worthiness scale is
> extremely different from most folks these days.  You're operating at the
> very low end of storage capacity.
>
> Just today, I saw a 32G USB flash drive available at Walmart for $70.

I use my laptop for mostly surfing and communications, and 32GB is
whopping large for CentOS 5. What files I would need to take with me
stay on my jump drive (maybe 3 of 8GB, including lots of free software
for my Windows friends). My personal stuff is lots of plain text, simple
XHTML, and a handful of OO.org stuff seldom hitting 100KB in size. The
most intensive task I do is burning CDs and Flash videos. I build
everything custom on my desktop, which runs the same OS.

--
Ed Hurst