[CS-FSLUG] Did the Apostle Paul Poke Nero in the Eye?

Dave & Ella McMullen DavidM at HisFeet.net
Sun Sep 27 11:46:27 CDT 2009

Bearing in mind that the citizens of the United States are in fact it's
rulers:  The God-established role of government is found in:

 1Pet 2:14 Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for **the
punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well**.

Our God-established role in this world includes being "salt": That is both
a flavor, and a preservative. I think it follows then that christians
ought to exert influence upon our governments to encourage them to stay
within their God-established roles. If they refuse to do so, it is true
that we may suffer for doing good - which suffering is indeed an honor and
a privilege. Yet our influence upon them should remain the same.

Multitudes of American citizens (meaning: American rulers) are not
followers of Christ. Our first duty toward them as Christians is to
Rightly represent Christ to them so that they may be saved. When they are,
one of the results will be that their world view will begin to change. But
even though they may not receive Christ many are willing to see the way of
rightness in the Biblical view of government.

Our first calling is as Ambassadors of Christ.  Somewhere after that comes
the responsibility of serving with other citizens as rulers of this
nation.