[CS-FSLUG] Balsa Mail client.

Davidm at HisFeet.net Davidm at HisFeet.net
Sat Oct 24 12:07:25 CDT 2009

I may give claws or Sylpheed a try.  But I did find an answer for Balsa.
I discovered that the file "mailbox" in the home directory is indeed the
data file of the inbox.  I didn't know that when I transferred the two
directories from desktop to laptop, so didn't transfer it. Balsa took
charge and wrote the files to the home directory, (though I don't know
where it got the data, and the data may not have been complete). At any
rate, Balsa would not pick it up and show it to me within the GUI.

So, I copied the file "~/mailbox" from desktop to laptop (overwriting the
one that Balsa  -laptop had written there), and then renamed laptop
"~/balsa/mbox%2Fhome%2Fmintm%2Fmailbox so as to save the few files I had
downloaded (I hope) and copied the same-named file from desktop to laptop,
copied the file again. voila! it worked. Thanks for your suggestions.

Dave McMullen