[CS-FSLUG] Balsa Mail client.

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Fri Oct 23 18:22:30 CDT 2009

I don't use balsa mail -- but it may be a permissions issue? And since
they're hidden files, there may be some /home config differences? Do
you have the same username and pw on both setups? Did you install the
package on the laptop or just copy? You may need to actually install
it, however that gets done on Mint, then copy over the mail folder?

Also, are you using pop retrieval? I'm using claws mail with pop
retrieval; and I have it set up on my laptop and desktop (laptop using
fedora 7 and desktop using CentOS 5.4) and gave it the instruction to
leave messages on the server for up to 7 days.

That way when I get messages from one place then go to the other
computer it'll download some duplicate messages (ones I've already
seen), but I'll get to see if there are new messages too. It's not
perfect, but it basically does what I need.

And of course if there are some balsa users out there, they might have
something more specific for you!

Cia W