[CS-FSLUG] Installing e-Sword <-- was --> Gnome and stuff

Chad Fluegge chadfluegge at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 18:57:18 CDT 2009

Just curious as to why you couldn't get e-sword to run?
I have been able to get it to run on every linux distribution that I have
ever installed...As long as you can install wine, you can install e-sword.
There are 3 (possibly 4...it's been awhile since I've had to install it) dll
files that you have to download off the internet and then tweak them with
wine.

There is a good thread/tutorial on ubuntu's forums - under the UbuntuCE
section - that walks through the installation of e-sword. I could dig it up
for you if you would like.

Also, installing the bibles, commentaries and dictionaries is a cinch if you
have access to a windows based install of e-sword. Simply copy all the
dictionary, commentary and bible files from the installation folder put them
onto a flash drive and then paste them into your e-sword folder that you
installed with wine.

If you have more questions just let me know.

**disclaimer** There is a new version of e-sword...my install knowledge is
limited to the versions before the one that is available to download at
e-sword.net

No Bible software for CentOS though, I did install Sword, after

--
Chad, Jess & Lil' Sam Fluegge
Psalms 61:5 For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the