[CS-FSLUG] SuSE

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Fri Oct 2 20:28:14 CDT 2009

On Friday 02 October 2009 08:30:07 pm Timothy Butler wrote:
> > At least KDE let me run Kontact and dolphin without crashing, Gnome
> > wouldn't
> > even do that!
>
> Well, if you lose your icons -- I wonder why? -- I'd just kill the X
> server rather than rebooting.

I tried that.

> You might try launching Gimp from a terminal so you could capture what
> the error was...
>
> > And they say linux is the better choice? They are full of it! 2 days
> > just to
> > scan a picture????
>
> 	Hmm... indeed.

LOL I found out what the problem was. Scanlite was scanning the picture so big
it was crashing gimp when I tried to open it. I finally got the picture scanned
and did what I needed to do with it, but now I feel like my computer is a
chaotic mess from all the poo poo I installed and uninstalled. LOL

But I am seriously going to give gnome a shot. As soon as I get my files backed
up, since I feel like my computer is an electronic pile of dung, I'm going to
do a fresh install of Ubuntu and Kubuntu (just in case) and I'm going to at
least give Gnome a month before I decide if it's right for me.

--
Blessings,
David M.