[CS-FSLUG] SuSE

Chad Fluegge chadfluegge at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 15:21:45 CDT 2009

Dreamlinux (dreamlinuxforums.org) will most likely be coming out with a KDE4
version.
I know the fella' that is working on it. He has it mostly done, he is just
waiting for the DL devs to finish up the DL4.0 version.

I'm going to be taking it for a spin when he gets it done. He was hoping to
have it done this weekend, but as I mentioned above, he has opted to wait
for the DL devs to finish up DL4.0

Maybe that could be an option?

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 3:27 PM, David McGlone <david at dmcentral.net> wrote:

> Anyone here using SuSE with KDE 4?
>
> I am considering switching distro's again and I'm wondering if SuSE has a
> good
> scanning application.
>
> I don't know if I should be upset with Kubuntu or KDE. One or the other as
> broken too many things!
>
> Kooka has been replaced, which was a great scanning application, it
> automatically detected my printer/scanner/fax device for SANE.
>
> SANE will not detect the correct hardware whatsoever on my box, it keeps
> insisting my hauppauge tv card is my scanner and it has no configuration
> options to change this whatsoever!
>
> There's a few other things that are severely broken and just way too many
> configuration options have been removed from system settings.
>
> This is enough to make any Linux user want to go back to windows!
>
> I feel like I went from a Lamborghini to a Pinto with more choices of
> colors!
>
> --
> Blessings,
> David M.
> http://www.dmcentral.net

Chad, Jess & Lil' Sam Fluegge
Psalms 61:5 For thou, O God, hast heard my vows: thou hast given me the
heritage of those that fear thy name.
Ezra 7:10 For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and
to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.