[CS-FSLUG] OT: Conficker and Virus Scanners

Davo Smith christiansource at davosmith.co.uk
Tue May 26 08:23:52 CDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Frank Bax <fbax at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Davo Smith wrote:
>>
>> The best advice, overall, would be to avoid Norton, which uses the
>> most resources, for the worst detection rates.
>

> I've heard this before; are there websites to support this claim?

OK, I take it back - http://www.av-comparatives.org/ - seems to have a
good roundup of anti-virus performance (speed) and detection rates,
and, at a brief glance, recent versions of Norton/Symantec do very
well (the problems with it may be historical - but I've often found
computers with versions of Norton I've experienced 'felt' slow).

Davo