[CS-FSLUG] Creating DVD Clips

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Tue May 12 09:01:16 CDT 2009

I have found a MS Windows program called DVD-Shrink to pull out segments
of a DVD.  You can give it a start-time and an end-time and it will make
an individual file that only contains that segment.  I have tried a few
different other tools to yank a chunk out of a DVD and have not found
too many others that work well.

 From there, I find the "SUPER" program (from erightsoft) does a good
job packaging it.  The Super program is a bit finicky, but it does an
excellent job choosing codecs that actually work together.  You can also
use VLC to transcode things, but that is even more iffy.

I have not done too many of these, so there may be other tools that are
easier.  These are ones that I found when I was looking for similar stuff.

    - Tim Young