[CS-FSLUG] OT: A MUST read! For some, the MOST important read you've ever had!

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Fri Jan 30 07:45:03 CST 2009

> IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE TODAY, SAVE AND READ THIS AND I THINK THAT
> YOU WILL WANT TO KEEP IT!!! DO PASS IT ON TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
> AND TO ALL DISCUSSION LISTS YOU MAY BELONG TO.
>
> I, and many others, HAVE KNOWN MUCH OF THIS FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AND
> WE ARE ALL EXTREMELY ALARMED!!! ALL of what Chuck writes IS 100%
> FACT! Remember, EVERYTHING we've seen in the past and what is going

Like, Jon, preface anything with the like of this and SHOUT it with ALL
CAPS and I'm actually *less* likely to read the item. (And the subject
line is incorrect.  The most important read I will ever have is the Bible!

> on today, ALL - 100% - leads us to the conclusion of the Book of
> Revelations in the Bible...the final book, including a final war were
>  ALL nations will attack Israel. I believe that this will be
> instigated and directed by a world gov't.

This at least got me to scan the message (but not go to the site, or
worse the appeal for donations at the end).  But how about some
perspective here:

The "new world order" is coming.  True.  God through John let us know
this about 1900 or so years ago, so what's new?

In Revelation, it doesn't call the Christians to this:

> That a New World Order is emerging is not in question. The only
> question is, What will freedom-loving Americans do about it? Of
> course, the first thing they have to do is admit that an emerging New
> World Order exists! Until conservatives, Christians, pastors,
> constitutionalists, and others who care about a sovereign, independent
> United States acknowledge the reality of an emerging New World Order,
> they will be incapable of opposing it. And right now, that is exactly
> what they are not doing.

The book of Revelation calls the one who "has ears to hear".  In Chapter
22 it also says "Let the evildoer still do evil, and the filthy still be
filthy, and the righteous still do right, and the holy still be holy."
So we are not called to *oppose* it--it will be coming.  It calls us to
be alert and to continue to do right and be holy.

This should be a call not to *oppose* it, but to call others to join us
in the blessing promised in Rev. 22: "Blessed are those who wash their
robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they
may enter the city by the gates."

What are each one of us doing today to call others to join us in the
blessing promised?  *That*, IMO, should be the point of the message.

sjm