[CS-FSLUG] Image Clarity Differences Between GNU & Win Systems?

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 16:56:43 CST 2009

Hi all,

I recently installed Debian Etch for a lady (See the Blue GNU blog post) and
did not have her monitor when I installed it.  I only had a 15" CRT to use
for installation, so can't expect much with respect to image quality.  At
any rate, I wanted to follow up with her about her new system, and she said
her only gripe was that images don't seem as sharp.  I'm not sure I would
notice unless there was a really serious discrepency between the images on
one system and those on the other.  Unfortunately, I can really only go by
her word - I blew away Windows to install Debian.

Has anyone else noticed any issues along these lines?  Were you able to
resolve the issue(s)?  I'm guessing she might need to adjust her monitor a
bit, but I don't know beyond that what might cause a difference.

Thanks,
Don
--
D.C. Parris
Minister, Journalist, Free Software Advocate