[CS-FSLUG] Hacker...Me

Robert Wohlfarth rbwohlfarth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:47:57 CST 2009

"Jim Isbell, W5JAI" <jim.isbell at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1b) Also involved with this project is trying to figure out how to
> use my desktop running Freespire 2.0 Linux to connect to the
> telephone server on the LAN so that I can use my keyboard and monitor
> to operate the XP computer by remote.  Maybe not possible as I have
> never been able to get the Linux computer to interface with my wife's
> XP PC either.  Maybe there is some software that will pull the two
> together???

VNC is always a good option. Install a VNC server on XP. Make sure you
run it as a service. Then access XP from Linux using a VNC client.
xtightvncviewer works pretty well.

--
Robert Wohlfarth
rbwohlfarth at gmail.com

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love
him, who have been called according to his purpose. -- Romans 8:28